Did you know that Facebook has 2.3 billion active users & 1.5 billion daily users? This makes Facebook the third most popular search engine in the world, only behind Google and YouTube.
One in every five minutes spent on a mobile device is on Facebook and over 18 million people in the UK alone are active on Facebook!
A few facts:
· The newsfeed only has a certain number of slots for ads.
· You can choose who sees the ad through Facebook targeting.
· There are more advertisers wanting to show ads than there are slots for ads!
· Facebook cares about more than just money, they care about user experience. This means the highest bid for an advert slot will not always win!
· A more engaging advert that people will like will always beat a poor ad that people will not like, regardless of the money.
· Adverts cannot include anything personal about anyone:
· Adverts can’t include a non-existent functionality, for example, a play button on an image.
· Ads cannot contain links to websites that provide an unexpected or disruptive experience
The Three M’s:
MARKET – Who are you selling too?
MESSAGE – What are you going to say to your market?
MEDIA – How do you get your message in front of your market?